If you want to track your weight, your heart or check your body composition, Withings Smart Body Analyzer WS-50is the right companion. Combined with the Health Mate application, the scale will give you nutrition advice and help you achieve your goals.
When we got our Smart Body Analyzer, we thought that it was rather lightweight. We really liked its refineddesign. The scale has an LCD screen and exists in 2 colors : black or white.
The box contains the scale, 4 carpet feet (only necessary if you want to use the scale on carpet or a rug) and 4 alcalinecells that are already installed.
To start installing the scale, turn it upside down and pull the tab underneath it. Press the pairing button (left button at the back) for 2 seconds. You are now ready to link the scale to your smartphone.
Installation & Setup
The Smart Body Analyzer will use the Bluetooth when youpair it to your phone or tablet. Then it will use the Wi-Fi to synchronize the data it has measured.
Download the Withings App (available on iOS and Android). Here we downloaded Withings Health Mate from the Google Play Store. Follow the next steps to start using the scale on your phone :
1. To connect Withings Body to your phone, activate the Bluetooth on your phone. Choose to connect to Withings WS50.
2.Start the Health Mate app on your smartphone.
3. The scale is being linkedto the app.
4.The scale is ready to be used.
App Interface & Settings
In this part, we will tell you how to configure Withings Health Mate app :
1. Open the Healh Mate app on your phone.
2. If you already have a Withings account, click on Log in. If you don’t, choose Join Withings to create a new account.
3. Select I’m setting up my device to link your scale.
4. Choose the category of your device : Scales.
5. Click on the model of your scale : Smart Body Analyzer.
6. Click on install.
7.Allow the access to the device and press the pairing button on the scale.
8. The scale is connected. Click on Next.
9. Log in with your Withings account and click on Next.
10. You are then asked to create a new profile. Enter the informations needed and click on Create.
11. If you have a Wi-Fi connection, select Set up Wi-Fi connection. It will allow the scale to automatically transfer your data to the app.
12. The scale is being activated.
13. You can now use your scale.
14. The app will ask you for your targetweight. Drag the bubble to set it.
15. Use the bubble to set your desired pace.
16. The app will then give you advice to achieve your goal.
Features & Measuring
The WS-50 measures the weight, the body mass index, the body fat and the heart rate. It also measures environmental data such as the level of carbon dioxyde or the room temperature. Moreover, the scale can give you the weatherforecast.
The device can identify up to 8 users. It will automatically detect the user when he has a created profile on the app. If he doesn’t, the app will store the measures and ask you to define a profile for this person.
If your feet are not placed properly on the scale, you will see small arrows on the screen’s corners. Each arrow indicate which feet you need to move.
Compared to other Withings scales, this model does not measure your water level, the muscle mass or the bones mass.
We have been using the Smart Body Analyzer for 2 months now and we are quite satisfied by it. We must say that we don’t use the weather forecast that much. But it can be useful if you use the scale in the morning and want to know how to dress according to the weather.
The scale only measures the heart rate if you are barefoot. We would also advice that you relax when you use it so that the results are more accurate.
Be sure to place the scale on an even floor and try to leave it at the same place unless the measurements won’t be correct.
We also find that the black color gathers more dust and regret not buying the white one.
Very easy to configure
Stats display on the app
Advice to achieve your goal
Lacks measurements such as water, muscle and bones mass
Measurements may vary if the scale is moved to another place
The black scale collects dust
In short, we would say that Withings Smart Body Analyzer is a nice connected scale. It is easy to install and use. We regret not having other measurements like water and muscle mass, but the model works perfectly well. We also find the advice feature very useful.