IFTTT (If This Then That) is an online service that allows you to connect your apps and devices through recipes. You can create your own recipe with the multiple services IFTTT offer, or you can check their website for recipes created by others.
We have selected an easy recipe to give you an example of what you can do with IFTTT: turn off your Philips Hue when you leave home.
- First, create an account on the IFTTT website.
- Log in with your new account and open the recipe we selected for you.
- Click on Connect to connect to your Philips Hue channel:
- Enter your MeetHue login and password (or create an account if you don’t have one yet) and click on connect. Validate to allow your lights control.
- Back on the IFTTT website, enter your home address. IFTTT will automatically shut down your lights when you exit this area.
- Then, select the Philips Hue lights you want to control in the “Lights” list:
- Click on Add to add the recipe to your account.
- The last step is to install the IFTTT app on your smartphone (it works on iOS and Android) and to allow the localization data on your phone.
You’re ready to go, your Philips Hue lights will turn off automatically when you leave the house.